When was the last time you saw an email that made you say, “Wow, that’s good”?
Chances are only a tiny percentage of your inbox feels like it’s not a waste of time. And I’m not talking about your work email. No, I’m talking about the emails you get from brands.
That was the essence of a recent conversation with Sky Cassidy in a recent If You Market They Will Come podcast episode.
And if you’re sick of sending emails that don’t feel right, BUT you’re ready to deliver emails that your audience will love, start listening to this episode now.
A few highlights:
Be a Trailblazer, Not a Follower
The digital landscape is filled with me-too marketers following the same tired strategies. Be more like Apple in its early days, stealing ideas and carving out a unique path. Differentiate your brand by observing competitor’s content strategies and staying ahead of the curve.
The Power of Good Content
Content is king, and email marketing is no exception. But don’t just write emails for the sake of it. Why should your audience open and read your email? What’s in it for them? Go beyond the discount, fear-mongering, and the usual “I-focused” content.
The Heart of Email Copywriting
What lies at the very core of email copywriting? It’s all about being human, relatable, and genuine. I firmly believe that robotic, jargon-filled content doesn’t cut it in today’s digital landscape.
Email Marketing Myths Busted
What will get you marked as spam or not? How often should you email? We clear the air around some common myths that might be holding you back from achieving good results with email marketing.
And there is so much more waiting for you.
Listen to the episode to learn:
1. How can companies differentiate themselves from competitors who are producing similar content?
2. What are the benefits of observing and learning from competitor’s content strategies?
3. How can companies effectively utilize humor in their marketing content, like Geico does with its commercials?
4. What are some common misconceptions about customers’ awareness of a company’s services, and how can these be addressed through email marketing?
5. What are some recommended software or platforms for setting up email sequences and automating email marketing efforts?
6. How can companies effectively target different segments of their email list with relevant and educative content?
7. Why is it important to start preparing for future events or seasons, such as Black Friday, early in order to create context-based emails?
8. How can context and relevancy improve engagement with email marketing content?
9. In what ways can AI tools, such as Tag GPT, be used to enhance email marketing strategies?
10. What are some practical steps that companies can take to improve their email marketing efforts, especially if they have neglected their email lists for a long time?
Read more about using email marketing in your business:
- Don’t Be Afraid of Email Marketing (Anymore)
- How to use urgency in your emails without dangling the FOMO
- Don’t sell to your subscribers without a healthy email list
- An honest review: The best email marketing course of 2023 is the most affordable I’ve ever paid for
- Make $3,000,000 Using Good Email Copy